The focus of tax assessments is progressively shifting from micro issues to issue based and concept based reviews. Our Experienced team has a comprehensive approach involving people with adequate understanding of tax laws and insightful handling of contentious issues.
Tax litigation in India requires a comprehensive approach with the back-up of a sound legal team and tactful handling at appellate fora. The focus of tax assessments is gradually shifting from micro issues (such as, procedural disallowances) to issue based and concept based reviews. Our team conducts a detailed cost benefit analysis for litigation any subject and with our experience and in-depth knowledge; we help the management in making this decision.
- Obtaining the approvals for Section 80G/12AA of Income-tax Act.
- Obtaining lower withholding certificate u/s 197 of Income-tax Act.
- Represent client before tax authorities for complicated direct tax issues.
- Dealing with the assessment of the complicated direct tax cases.
- Dealing with the aspect of search, seizure and prosecution litigation.
- Filling, as well as, pleading appeals under different provisions of the IT Act.
- Acting as liaison with the income tax department for purpose of assessment, obtaining tax residency certificate, liquidation approvals, No Objection Certificate (NOC), Capital Gain A/c scheme closure, refunds, rectification, etc.